Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pink Salad

I'm entering my 5th sweet salad season as someone who is now officially just too darn lactose intolerant to have even one weensy bite.  *sigh*  My fave is something that's just generally know as "That Pink Stuff."  Everybody south of the Mason Dixon line knows what this is.  If your recipe isn't exactly like mine, it's likely close enough. 

Pink Salad



1 13 oz tub Cool Whip


1 can Eagle Brand milk


1 can cherry pie filling (sweetened)


1 sm can crushed pineapple, juice and all


1 cup chopped pecans






Mix in order given and chill.






This one is a classic. You can add a chopped banana and/or coconut to it if you wish, but if you're a purist and want The Real Deal, don't.  If you're worried about calories, cholesterol or your arteries, don't even read the recipe. 

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh geez Cozy I had to run 'cause I'm a diabetic LOL. But I still remember the good ole' days when I could eat that stuff. Yummy!

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Just reading the recipe makes my lactose-intolerant self cry...but it sounds soooooooo gooooood! In another life, perhaps...