Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring Into Socks

Ha!  I named my personalized use-the-stash sock club.  I named it Spring into Socks.  Um, cuz, you know, it's spring. 

(Wow, I originally typed Sock of the Moth Club.)

We could still have snow, but it looks springy.  I saw people in shorts today at Walmart.  (Is that not the official sign of spring?)  And the poor foolish apricots are blooming.  They have no brakes apparently.  It warms up, they bloom; it snows, there are no apricots.  This is a frequently repeated theme, so apparently apricots have short memories.  Which is fine.  So do I.   I forgot I was supposed to be writing about socks.

Now I named the sock club, I've been rounding up yarns and patterns.  DH pointed out that I'd rounded up only girly yarns, so tomorrow I'll dive back into the stash after some manly yarns. 
 
Meanwhile, here is a daffy-dill:






2 comments:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Love the daffy-dill (and the silly apricots!)! And, I love that you have a theme for the whole club...my theme was just socks...lol, soooo imaginative! One more thing, ala the Yarn Harlot, you probably need to stick to stash (ie, don't buy more yarn for this...but, if you have the yarn and the dye in house...that, my Dear, is soooooo stash-like! Have fun, Coz!

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

One more thing...
Apparently I need a dope slap to remember to close my parentheses...ugh!)